More

    Kozhikode Boy Dies from Rare Brain-Eating Amoeba

    A 14-year-old boy from Kozhikode, Kerala, dies from a rare brain-eating amoeba infection, prompting public health warnings. Stay updated with Viralsaala!

    On Wednesday, a 14-year-old boy from Kozhikode, Kerala, who was receiving treatment for an infection brought on by a brain-eating amoeba, passed away. It was determined that the illness was amoebic meningoencephalitis, a rare and frequently lethal brain infection brought on by a free-living amoeba that was discovered in tainted water. In Kerala, this was the third such fatality since May.

    On July 3, at 11:20 p.m., the youngster, EP Mridul, passed away, according to a Kerala State Health Department report released on Thursday. He supposedly took a swim in a pond before getting sick, which prompted authorities to warn people not to go near the pond. They also advised anyone who has bathed there recently to watch out for any signs. The Class 7 student’s death follows the deaths of two other kids from the districts of Kannur and Malappuram who had contracted amoebic meningoencephalitis earlier in the year.

    What is MENINGOENCEPHALITIS AMOEBA?

    A rare but serious brain infection known as amoebic meningoencephalitis is brought on by amoebae, namely “Naegleria fowleri” and “Acanthamoeba” species. Usually acquired through tainted freshwater, the amoeba—also known as the “brain-eating amoeba”—enters the body through the nose, migrates to the brain, where it feeds on nerve tissue and produces inflammation. There is no human-to-human transmission of this illness.

    Signs and Symptoms of this Illness

    Following exposure, headache, fever, nausea, vomiting, stiff neck, convulsions, changed mental status, and hallucinations are common symptoms that appear one to nine days later. Rapid disease progression frequently results in death within 1–12 days of the onset of symptoms.

    Conclusion

    According to medical professionals, the infection is caused by free-living, non-parasitic amoebae bacteria that enter the body through the nose after coming into contact with polluted water. Health officials have cautioned the public against amoebic meningoencephalitis. The Alappuzha district, which is seaside, had previously recorded cases of the sickness in 2017 and 2023.

    READ: LAL KRISHNA ADVANI DISCHARGED FROM HOSPITAL

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Latest Posts

    Emraan Hashmi Regrets Comment About Aishwarya Rai

    Bollywood News: Aside from performing, Emraan Hashmi, popularly known as "Serial Kisser," is making headlines for his endeavors. He is regarded as the best...

    Ramganga River Flood Incident: Tragedy and Rising Concerns in Hazratpur

    Badaun, the Jagran correspondent. At night, the Ramganga's water level unexpectedly increased and touched the roads in the Sherpur village in the Hazratpur district....

    Ghaziabad By-Election 2024

    Ghaziabad by-election 2024: Ten assembly constituencies, including the Ghaziabad assembly seat, are scheduled for by-elections. Following Atul Garg's election as BJP MLA from this...

    Election Results for the Assembly By-Polls 2024 LIVE UPDATES

    Election Results for the Assembly by Polls 2024 LIVE UPDATES: Today, July 13, the votes for a total of 13 seats in India's seven...